There are some rules, which depending on which site you reference for the Liebster Award are slightly different. I'm going to play by Sonja's rules, which are:
- When you receive the award, you post 11 random facts about yourself and answer 11 questions from the person who nominated you.
- Pass the award onto 11 other travel bloggers and ask them 11 questions.
- You are not allowed to nominate the blog who nominated you.
- Make sure the blogs you choose have 200 or less followers (personally I don't know how to do this, so I may not have followed this rule).
- Include a link to the person who nominated you & let them know about your post.
11 Random Facts About Me
1. I graduated from Lafayette High School (this is a St. Louis thing).
2. I grew up in the same neighborhood as St. Louis Cardinals 3rd baseman and the 2011 World Series MVP David Freese. We also played on the same middle school baseball team.
3. I am one of the youngest people to ever run for public office in Missouri history. I was 17 1/2 when I began my campaign for city council in Wildwood, Missouri (I lost).
4. My dog earns money! Thats right, a dog making money...she was used as the face of a local groomer, Petropolis (if you follow the link she is the white fluffy bichon).
5. In 2011 I accepted a work assignment that requires me (and usually my family) to travel to London every month.
6. My top three favorite big cities in the world are (in order): London, Paris, Chicago.
7. I was the captain of my high school debate team.
8. Although economics is one of my least favorite subjects, I was twice the state champion in the FBLA's economics competition.
9. I was a Congressional intern on Capitol Hill the year of the Monica Lewinsky scandal.
10. I have eaten lunch with Vice-President Al Gore and Microsoft founder Bill Gates.
11. I like coffee, red wine, dark chocolate, and expensive cheese.
11 Questions from Sonja (my answers in italics):
1. If you could travel any where in the world and money was no object, where would you travel and why? Antarctica. Why? Because I fully expect I will be able to travel the entire world eventually (I won't stop until I do), and Antarctica is the most difficult to get to, and the most expensive.
2. Best meal you've ever had? American Airlines business class on a 767 from Chicago to London. Yes, I am talking about airplane food! I prefer the 767 for the tablet (versus the in-seat IFE), and the food is really amazing in American's premium cabins.
3. What's your favorite post on your blog? St. Louis, MO: Best Breakfasts
4. Favorite cruise line? MSC
5. Favorite candy? dark chocolate
6. Who would you want to play you in a movie about your life? Edward Norton
7. Favorite quote or saying? Same answer I gave for my high school year-book: "Always give your best, never get discouraged, never be petty. And remember - other's may hate you, but they don't win unless you hate them, and then you destroy yourself." Richard Nixon
8. What would your super power be? I guess to fly like Superman. 1) because my son loves Superman and 2) its cheaper than flying commercial airlines!
9. Favorite smell? spring
10. If you had to live a decade other than this one, which would you choose? 1960s
11. How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? Older :)
My 11 Nominees:
1. Nicole @ Arrows Sent Forth
2. Carrie @ Chicago Foodie Sisters
3. Steve @ More Kids Than Suitcases
4. Sara @ All In an Iowa Mom's Day
5. Tonya @ The Traveling Praters
6. Jessica @ little Indiana
7. Francesca @ The Working Mom Travels
8. Dominque @ Midwest Guest
9. Beck @ Adventures Among Us
10. Aaron @ The Adventures of elATLboy
11. Scott @ Quirky Travel
And Finally My 11 Questions for the Nominees:
1. Where is the most different place you have ever traveled to?
2. What is the strangest food you have ever tried while abroad?
3. Favorite airline?
4. Coffee or tea?
5. Best movie you have seen recently?
6. A pet peeve?
7. What is your favorite cereal?
8. What is the best small town you have ever visited?
9. Big city?
10. What one thing must you have when traveling?
11. What's your favorite season?
Thanks to Sonja for passing this on, and please check out all the blogs I have tagged above. They are all really great writers with posts that continually keep my interest, and are certainly worth everyone else reading as well!